Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

Add OpenVPN TCP servers

A lot of large institutes and public wifi hotspots are blocking OpenVPN over UDP protocol.

Could you please add protocol TCP over port 443.

A lot of other VPN providers already provide their customers with the ability to change ports/protocol for OpenVPN.

269 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alexander Ragousis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys, check that box and give us tcp... „udp only“ is a dealbreaker for a lot of people including me..

• DeeJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if we could at least get some feedback on this, if it is not going to happen it would be great just to be informed.
        This needs a BUMP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? It's been 1.5 years since you answered that you are actively reviewing it with priority. There seems to be quite a few votes for this. Maybe now would be a good time to do it?

• Kalan Howse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been researching over the past few months a problem I have been having whilst attempting to connect to VyprVPN over my network. I discovered a few posts on here which answered my problem... though VyprVPN doesn't support the resolution. The issue in question is TCP protocol support.

A product manager replied [January 2015] to one of the posts I found saying it was planned for 2015... yet no date. Are you able to announce a date/month for 2016?

I find it very hard to justify my annual subscription to your service when networks like the one I can use 24/7 blocks UDP connections rendering your service useless.

• Gerhard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More and more business and free WiFi providers BLOCKING UDP egress traffic.
        Smart.... because so far no other proxy vendor for an option to choose TCP connection over UDP.

My subscription is getting more and more less attractive. That was the entire idea, to connect to your proxies under unknown Internet connections.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
        Still no update to support OpenVPN over TCP protocol?

TCP protocol may slow down speed slightly but it offers error correction in packet delivery leading to a more reliable connection.

Regards

• mac3uck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our firewall denies port 443 via UDP - only via TCP. So giving the user the option to choose would increase the benefits of your product!

Is there something on the roadmap already?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base