Go to goldenfrog.com

Please tell us your feature request....

Add support for Chromecast screen mirroring

Screen mirroring on android gets cut when initiating Vyprvpn connection. Even if all apps have been set to get around VPN.

165 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Emmanuel Weber shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this can be achieved by having a dedicated router setup. I have done this other VPN providers and is solves the issue with needing to connect each device to a VPN app. Chromecast or screen mirroring function works as designed if your network is setup via ~ Custom Tomato Firmware, or a manual VPN router setup using a device that supports OpenVPN setup within the router.

• Bassie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news, updates or info on this? This will be the reason I quit being goldenfrog customer..

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue on my side. Have you done any progress ? Can you give us an update please

• Franck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is #1 reason for me to use vyprvpn. I could use chromecast while connected via vyprvpn in the past, not anymore though...

• Magnus Back commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. I try to Chromcast swedish SVTPLAY but it fails just as the actual videostream is about to start.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its very disappointing that there is no support for this. This keeps me from upgrading to a paid version.

• Denny Kelliher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My housemate uses an ipad to chromecast to her tv while using Vypr, works without any issues.

I have an android 5.1 phone that I wan't to use Vypr to Chromecast with, and chromecast will not work with it. It would be good if it did (the option for chromecast to ignore VPN doesn't work in the Vypr settings). This is while using netflix. Obviously I use the VPN for netflix to get the US/UK shows, but the chromecast will not work wether it uses the VPN or ignores it. However you got it to work for ipads, maybe you could use a similar idea to get it to work on android.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Chromecast mirroring would be a huge (can't believe I'm using this term, but it applies!) game-changer. To mirror non-US Netflix programming is just what the doctor ordered!

Feedback and Knowledge Base