Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show more information about current connections active on each account

If two devices are connected to the same server, there is no way to identify which devices are using the service. Please publish any logged metadata including IP address and any other relevant information

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. bypass for local addresses (ip range filtering)

I can't connect to any devices on my LAN with this running, which means I need to start and stop the software to connect to NAS etc. Some kind of range filter / mask would be great (192.168), whatever works for you. Failing that, per app would be tolerable (if not ideal in browser). Great app and service, keep up the good work :-)

230 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto reconnect, only for WiFi

I would like to see the option that VyprVPN auto (re)connect, but just when using wifi. I guess i trust my prvider, but i would like not have to think about it when in WiFi.

maybe also a possibility to whitelist WiFis where VPN is not needed.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Android auto-reconnect when disconnected

Can you please add a functionnality which permit to reconnect automatically when the connection is lost on Android ?

127 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Amazon Appstore

Release your VyprVPN app in the Amazon AppStore for Kindle Fire devices.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Use alt stores as they have higher distribution # s and ur business caters to countries that do not have access to Google Play that need vpn

Stores like SlideMe powers the market for most roms and for all devices that use aosp (android open source project) that have no google play.

http://source.android.com/

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remember last server connected to would be a nice feature

android openvpn app - remembering last server connected would be a nice feature

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Are there any plans to support the RK3066 type Google TV devices ?

Currently enjoying the VyprVpn app on my android phone and tablet, but have an RK3066 based device, rooted and running JB 4.2.2.
    The App installs and loads, but cannot connect and get an IP address.

This device is perfect for TV viewing and anything on the large screen.
    Would it be possible to add support for these devices ? MK808, MK808B for example.
    Here's hoping, - and thanks for evverything so far.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added support for Android TV with our latest 2.10 release. It is optimized for Android TV on 5.1.1 OS Version, but should be fully functional and provide a great experience on other Google TV boxes as well!

Let us know what you think of the updates. :)

13. Different Protocols in VyprVPN Android App

Would be great if you make it possible to change the used protocol (opnevpn/l2tp/pptp) in the app.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently added our new, proprietary VPN technology called Chameleon that is available in the VyprVPN apps for Windows, Mac and Android.

Chameleon scrambles OpenVPN packet metadata to ensure it’s not recognizable via deep packet inspection (DPI), while still keeping it fast and lightweight. The Chameleon technology uses the unmodified OpenVPN 256-bit protocol for the underlying data encryption.

The result is that VyprVPN users are able to bypass restrictive networks put in place by governments, corporations and ISPs to achieve an open internet experience without sacrificing the proven security for which OpenVPN has long been known.

14. 31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Data Logger - WiFi networks and mobile

Daily, weekly, monthly data totals (where start date can be set) for how much has been downloaded/uploaded over the different networks I have connected to. I have limited data and other data loggers can't distinguish my data usage because it is over a vpn.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to disable notifications or clear them instead of being permanently in my drop down or icons at top of my screen. "Connect on cell"

"Connect on Cell is Enabled" and "VPN is activated by vyprVPN" cannot be removed from drop down notifications screen and is hogging valuable space so can't view messages beneath. I an happy to have the icon at the top but not in the drop down notifications. Please add this option.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add support for more apps

there are several apps in my phone that won't show up in vyprvpn's app list. including QQ Music https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencent.qqmusic

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base