Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow user to specify local company intranet and DNS

When on a work intranet there are often more subnets available locally than just the subnet that the client computer is on. It would be nice to have somewhere to specify:
    1) What are the subnets that are to be reached on the the local network (i.e. not to be pushed across VyprVPN).
    2) What are the DNS domain/s that are to be resolved on the local network (i.e. not sent to the Vypr DNS)
    For (1) there could be a checkbox to select "All private IPv4 space is local". That would make it easy for users who do not…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Block specific servers

The ability to check/uncheck which servers your client is able to connect to would be great! Never want VyprVPN to connect to a certain server? Uncheck it!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show Network Activity by Application

Since VyprVPN "Takes over" the network stream in order to route data from my computer to the VyprVPN server I selected. I was wondering if it would be possible to get some metadata on which port or application is currently uploading or downloading data.

It would be nice to see a list ports and the applications using them below the network activity graph when I expand it. I think this opens the door for better implementation of "Kill Switch" feature. Giving the user the ability to pause, kill, or resume a network stream.

I attached a picture to roughly illustrate…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add Dogecoin as a payment option

I want to pay anonymously and don't have any easy way to obtain Bitcoin.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to view how much data has been transferred per hour, month, day etc.

An ability to view how much data has been transferred per device with a custom timescale.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Greater control over IP/Location

Greater control over IP/Location. One useful feature HMA had was you could always choose ie London 1, or London 2 to get similar IP addresses.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. permit more connections to server from same IP address

The VyprVPN service offers the option of configuring your router to provide VPN security for all devices in a family household (can ensure your wife and kid's iPads, laptops etc. are secure). However, the technical complexity of having to install Tomato and then load vpn app on your router etc (and all at the risk of "bricking" your router, an apparently quite common misfortune) is beyond the technical capability of most customers. Suggest to implement simpler router-to-vpn connection option that doesn't require Tomato and special app (other VPN services like BoxPN have this) or alternatively allowing all devices in a…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. VyrVPN Travel Hardware

VyrVPN Router App looks like a very promising solution when traveling as the router can be connected to hotel networks or via 3G/4G dongles.

Unfortunately, the routers currently supported by Tomato by Shibby are all huge and not travel friendly.

Golden frog should consider taking a really small router, similar in form factor to a TP-Link MR3020, optimize VyrVPN for it and sell the hardware.

This is give a really good portable VPN solution while traveling especially in countries where internet access is restricted.

The router should support the following:
    - small form factor so that portability will not be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Anonymous Email Forwarding

I'd like to be able to have a place in my account where I can generate email addresses and relate them to forwarding addresses. I'd like for this to be completely anonymous to the point that even golden frog doesn't know what email addresses I have or the destination email address.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I hope add alipay to pay the vpn

alipay is very popular in china,I like this product,but I have not any payment to pay it .I hope one day .add it .u see .China is big apple

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. connection notification

Occasionally, while using my VPN on my router and/or on my NAS, it will disconnect without informing me. Whilst I do have it set to 'reconnect automatically' sometimes it just connection issues and won't.

It'd be great if there was someway we could subscribe to get a notification, like an email, anytime the VPN disconnected.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want my VOIP calls clear 24 hours.I would suggest VYPRVPN to make a dedicated VPN app with dedicated servers for VOIP calls alone, so tha

I want my VOIP calls clear 24 hours.I would suggest VYPRVPN to make a dedicated VPN app with dedicated servers for VOIP calls alone, so that its bandwidth and latency is not effected due to high bandwidth consuming applications.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integrate DNSSEC in VyprDNS

Is there a possibility to integrate DNSSEC in VyprDNS without weaken the security ?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Synchronize setting on different devices

I think it is important to synchronize setting on different devices.
    For example favorite locations, re-connect setting when disconnected, it'd better to make setting changes on website and synchronize all applications installed on different devices.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Virtual US Servers in Europe

I have been using VyprVPN for a while now. I love the service and reliability of the servers. I was just wondering you plan on releasing some virtual US server in Europe. It is great to get US content from here. However, the speed and latency to the East coast is pretty bad. I only ask because I know other companies like HMA do offer Virtual US server here in Europe. I However, those other companies are not as reliable as you guys are.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Synology Router App

Synology have a New Router in the works, it would be great if you could support this with a app.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Invisible to Internet Provider

In my country data capping is very high we pay high money and don't get to experience our money's worth. It's either it becomes very slow or once you reached the certain Gigabytes you will lose connection to the internet which really really sucks. So being able to become invisible even with the provider will be such a wonderful day and MAGIC to all of us. Achieving this will be bye bye to daily limit which is 0.3GB "IMAGINE THAT?" Additional PAYMENT on TOP OF monthly BILL once you EXCEEDED your DATA PLAN.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a option that data can bypass Vyprvpn when visit domestic site,

Add a option that data can bypass Vyprvpn when visit domestic site,this can improve network performance especially when downloading from domestic server and visit site oversea simultaneously.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base