Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. xbox and gaming server

as gamer we are always facing problem with high latency and nat open problem in xobx console, so for that i would like to suggest to develop vpn that works directly on xbox, or at least on ddwrt router or that can designd for gamers only, less security .
    thank you and hope one day u ll have this server.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open up holes in NAT Firewall

Provide simple web-based GUI to allow us to poke holes in the NAT firewall instead of just an enable/disable option. Simple ACLs, nothing fancy, just allow tcp and/or udp to specific ports. The followup enhancement on the roadmap would be to let us tie those to specifc ranges ... for instance, simple gui that would let us 'allow tcp 443 from 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0' or better still 'allow tcp 443 from 123.123.123.123/255.255.255.255'. Hit us with a 'any settings here are for advanced users only' tickbox to enable the capability, to wash your hands of the support burden for it.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Encrypted emails

Email program to send encrypted mails - like theese guys : https://protonmail.ch/

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add additional bandwidth to connections

I have a 300Mbit connection via TWC. When I connect to VPN the connection tops out at 100Mbit. As soon as I disconnect it jumps back to 300Mbit. So it appears connections are hard set to 100MBit.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide the ability to create desktop shortcuts to specific servers

When using VPN as a way to access content that has been restricted based on IP it's a lot of steps to switch form a server in one country to another country. It would be great if we could create shortcut files that could be placed on the desktop or in another directory. This would be a huge boon for users like myself who make use of applications like Autohotkey for customized keyboard shorcuts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AES128 encryption

Would be great if you could add AES128 encryption to your protocols in the VyprVPN app. At the moment, AES128 is preferred, because it provides good security, is really fast, and seems to be more resistant to timing attacks - in contrast to AES256.
    If you don't like to add this feature could you please tell me the keywords why not? I am convinced of this protocol besides your other protocols...

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sync "known" Wi-Fi access points across my devices

Managing a list of trusted access points is a pain -- especially when it's done through tiny dialog boxes. I should have the ability to multiple selections when setting up and have that list associated with my account so I don't have to repeat it when setting up a new machine.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't change routes

I don't want Vyprvpn change routes on new connections because they are handled by a proxy software (Wingate).

Actually i need to force MY routes every minutes with a script...

It would be great to add a simple checkbox ("Don't modify routes table")

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Secure Browser

Hey Guys,

please develop a secure browser which makes it nearly impossible to track the internet user. That would be really great!!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please release a version of vyprvpn for Google Glass!

Please release a version of vyprvpn for Google Glass.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Canvas fingerprinting

Will you add block Canvas fingerprinting to VyprVPN?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Control of allocated IP addresses

It would be useful to have some control over the IP addresses allocated when you connect to a VPN server, This could be done in the client software or in the Control Panel. Then if am allocated an address that is blacklisted or identified as "abroad" I can prevent this address from being allocated again.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow users to connect to the same Octet

Users who need to post to services such as Craigslist require IPs to come from the same Octet. Allowing users to connect to the same octet would be useful for these cases.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Application level Support

Add support for OpenWeb for people that do not need to route all their computer traffic through VyprVPN, only web browsing/streaming through (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increased Levels of Encryption

Explore greater levels of encryption on all of your protocols 512, 1024 or even greater if possible. With agencies like the NSA as well as other Governments trying to snoop on everything. The ability to choose an encryption level you are comfortable with and still allows you good connection speeds.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Longer DHCP Lease - VPN Private Network Address

The idea here is to offer extended DHCP lease times for the VPN private network, 10.x.x.x, such that when the VPN auto-reconnects the same IP address will be reassigned and my P2P client will restore traffic.

Now my P2P, stops traffic when the VPN fails, but when the AIO reconnects a new 10.x.x.x address is assigned so I need to restart the P2P client in order for it to find the new IP and direct traffic there. This results in lost traffic time and too much human intervention.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ping failing causes reconnect

My 4G provider changes IP addresses on me regularly, which causes Vyprvpn to no longer work, but Vyprvpn doesn't notice that the connection doesn't work, it still thinks it's connected. It'd be great if a ping (say, to google's 8.8.8.8 dns server) were an occasional test, that if it fails (say, 3 times) causes an automatic disconnect/reconnect.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Servers that focus on response time over bandwidth

I use VPNs mainly for work, and on the weekend, gaming. In both cases, the very lowest response time is all I am after. I couldn't care less about the amount of bandwidth available. So a server/service that aims for the very best international routing + not used for high-bandwidth applications + whatever else can be done to improve response times.

Example: I work in Asia but the servers are all based in EU. The routing is pretty crappy at times, and I usually average about 280ms response times. I have very briefly hit 150ms at times, but it never…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Arrange messaging between users with ability to use personal encryption system

Arrange messaging between users with ability to use personal encryption system

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Re-Connect every 5 minutes

A option for re-connecting to the VPN every 5-10minutes would be nice to keep your IP Address refreshing and thus harder for hackers to keepup with your current ip address

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base