Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Client Certificates

Please add support for client certificates for VPN authentication. This feature would provide value for many customers.

For users with the option enabled it would replace username / password authentication. Users would need to upload the public key component of their certificate.

I'm using OpenVPN Connect on iOS since VyperVPN does not support the OpenVPN or Chameleon protocols. The lack of client certificates is user-unfriendly. It requires extra password entry and limits the auto-connect feature.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add OpenVPN TCP servers

A lot of large institutes and public wifi hotspots are blocking OpenVPN over UDP protocol.

Could you please add protocol TCP over port 443.

A lot of other VPN providers already provide their customers with the ability to change ports/protocol for OpenVPN.

299 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Roku compatibility

With Roku having so many apps/channels.. Would be a good option

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Whitelist for websites

Have a whitelist for websites where you do not want to route traffic through the VPN, for example if you would like to access a website without using any VPN protocol, but still want to be use a VPN protocol when visiting other websites. Would help a lot, since I would not have to disconnect and reconnect at times.

Best Regards,
    Mauritz N

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VyprVPN app for QNAP NAS

VyprVPN app for QNAP NAS

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Server Status page in the control panel

Add in the user control panel section "Status Servers" visible only for subscribers VyprVPN, showing the percentage of use of a server (for example France 10% or Russia 80%). The figure close to 0% will be green while that close to 100% will be colored red)
    This will allow users to know if the server service is overloaded and change accordingly to always have the fastest connection VyprVPN.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please create a XBMC/KODI add on

I am running XBMC/KODI on a Fire TV and Windows but can't stream content from the USA as it is blocked by my IP.

Can you please provide an add-on for XBMC/KODI? I have seen another VPN provider do this (won't provide link here out of respect). I know I could set this up at the router level, but I don't want to do this for all traffic, just my Fire TV and am unable to do this with my router as far as I can see (RT-AC68U).

Ideally, this would start the VPN whenever I launched KODI, but I…

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow paid accounts to become free accounts

I'd just like to suggest that you allow people who were on a paid plan to be able to switch to the free plan. I have very very very limited need for your service. so even though it's a great service, paying a monthly fee wouldn't make sense for me since I don't even login once a month usually.

The only way for me to use the free plan now (since i was a paid member before) is to sign up for another account. It seems pretty silly and wasteful to make people create multiple accounts. Just going to eat…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Color code toolbar logo

A simple thing that would make your service easier to use

1. When connected, make your toolbar logo color green = safe

2. When disconnected from VPN, make it color red = unprotected

This instantly vivible and no clicks or other actions are required.

I did this elswhere and it was a great success. Try it, it works!

Lee

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ad blocking

Please consider an optional ad blocking feature in Vypervpn. Very useful on ipads and iphones, which lack a good app for that.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for Smart TVs

It would be fantastic if your program could be adapted to support smart TVs. The sooner the better. I hope you consider this option.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatic vpn connection when not connected to a trusted network

Being able to add trusted networks so that when i'm using an unknown WiFi connection a vpn is automatically set up

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is currently possible on the Android, Mac, and Windows apps. You can add Trusted networks to a list in the Settings/Preferences menu and enable the option to connect on Untrusted networks, which would be any network not on the Trusted list.

13. I would like two factor authentication for VyprnVPN

As the VPN password is stored by default in the VyprVPN app, it would be very nice to be able to use a two factor authentication in the app to go beyond that process. This could either be done using a standalone application or perhaps through the Google Authentication system. I realize that the password can also be turned off by default but for those of us that are really careful this feature would be a nice add.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Student Discount

Other VPN providers are reaching out to students from students discount to free subscriptions.

VyprVPN's Chameleon™ technology lets students across the world access the internet without limits and if they were to possibly get it for free or at a discounted price the better students would be prepared for school.

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Use 4096 bits public key certificate

As 1024 bits RSA key is becoming weak, we don't exactly know the power of NSA and others intelligence agencies so I suggest to change the keysize to 4096 bits to be sure that no one will be able to factorize the key.

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Toggle switch for KillSwitch in main window

It would be great to be able to enable/disable Kill Switch from the main VyprVPN window, rather than having to open the preferences each time. I find myself having to do this daily, such as when needing to use a client's VPN or the like.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Two Step Verification support for all services

Allowing two step verification for all services like VyprVpn & Dump truck is a big need. The ability to use a security token app like authy or googles authenticator app would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Per URL VPN

Only websites or IPs in white-list will use VyprVPN service, others will not.

In countries with poor Internet performance like China, sometimes what we only need is bypassing the GFW to reach google, twitter, youtube. So adding google, twitter, youtube will be enough sometimes.

If all Internet access will use the VyprVPN service, for example when I surf a Chinese website www.sina.com.cn, the overhead is painful.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Split tunnel VPN traffic on a per-app basis

I want to be able to send just certain applications through the VPN.

How it works:
    Set the VPN monitor applications to "send traffic through secure launch"

In the VPN monitor software, you simply add an application you want to send through the VPN tunnel, connect to the VPN service, and click "Start" on that particular application.

That way, you can go about your normal applications at the same time you use the VPN tunnel for important services.

I suppose the DNS leakage is a challenge for developers, but this is a super-handy tool that made me stick to that…

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. True and correct Killswitch funcionality on known network

Once I'm connected to the known/trusted wi-fi network, Killswich shouldn't be ON while VPN is not connected. I cannot use Killswitch feature now because Killswitch is ON even while I'm connected to the known network. So it's about better Killswitch<->known networks cooperation.
    I want to use Killswitch, running app, disconnected VPN and known network in the same time. So app will automatically work without a click :)
    Looks like small and also important task.

I'm using Mac and Android, sometimes iOS but I think this should work everywhere.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base