Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IPv6 Support and/or 6to4 Gateway

Allow native ipv6 connectivity, and/or tunnel transversal 6to4 4to6

295 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    30 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a global Smart DNS service

Add a DNS service that checks incoming IP of requestor and returns a geolocated IP specified in a webconsole.
    e.g. Request comes from USA for UK website, Webconsole is set to return UK geolocated ip, allowing USA client to connect to UK hosted services as if they were in UK

541 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically connect to the VPN server whenever your phone or computer starts up

Automatically connect to the VPN server whenever your phone or computer starts up

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. socks proxy

Allow users to run a VyprVPN connection as a SOCKS proxy so that I can have certain applications run over the connection and certain applications not. With total VPN only I have to force all my traffic over the VPN.

216 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. give a little more money and rent a server in thailand

Good day, you can even Thailand server try to login? every day as just now I have always problems with Thai server to contact? as they have such a big problem with Thailand server? not even suppert contact goes! thies is dont VPN thies is a big bull shit.

Guten Tag, können Sie mal Thailand server versuchen ein zu loggen? jeden Tag so wie gerade eben habe ich immer probleme mit Thai Server zu kontaktieren? wie so haben sie so ein großes problem mit Thailand server? nicht mal suppert kontaktieren geht! scheiße aber auch

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Clearly inform customer of automatic monthly renewal

Make it clearer that one will be charged monthly if not cancelled after first month, as you give the impression it is only a one off monthly payment. no-one reads the terms of use..in the small print, was a bit surprised to have money taken of my account a second month

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Static IP Support

It would be great to have a option for static IP addresses.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update DD-WRT tutorial

Can you update your DD-WRT tutorials (PPTP and OpenVPN) with current versions of the firmware (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) std - build 22118).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. VyprVPN Windows and MAC server ping test

I strongly recommend that PC or MAC VyprVPN need a Function to evaluate the PING of all the servers when it starts.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For the instructions on OPENVPN instructions for iPhone, make sure to specify that the config file is also the cert

For the instructions on OPENVPN instructions for iPhone, make sure to specify that the config file is also the cert file

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. VyprVPN: Allow OpenVPN as a free option for Giganews customers

OpenVPN is the new standard in secure protocol for any VPN service. It doesn't make sense to charge extra for this service. It should be included in the base price.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Dependent Apps

I would like to have VyprVPN disable/pause/shutdown dependent apps (or their connections) when VyprVPN disconnects. For example, when I am in China and streaming Netflix, I want VyprVPN to disable/pause/shutdown Netflix (or its connections), so that that traffic does not fly outside VyprVPN

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Windows RT app for VyprVPN

With the introduction of Windows 8 they also introduced Windows RT and the app store. As you can use Windows RT apps also on your Windows 8 computers there are many potential customers out there. Even the new Xbox will have an adapted Windows 8 operating system according to rumors and will likely support the same app store.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great News! We just added automatic and manual port selection to the VyprVPN Windows app. Mac is very close to being completed and will enter Beta in the next week or so.

https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/changelog/windows

- Chameleon and OpenVPN automatic port selection randomly scans for open ports to defeat intentional port blocking or throttling
    - Chameleon and OpenVPN manual port selection allows you to choose the port

16. Add OpenVPN for GigaNews customers

The options currently included, PPTP/IPsec and L2TP, are outdated, vulnerable to several attacks an inefficient.
    Please add OpenVPN for GigaNews customers.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need to test it

Having tried Anonymizer Total Net Shield and finding that it didn't work reliably through my Hughesnet satellite connection, I'm reluctant to spend money on this one just to find out. I wish there was some kind of free trial, even if it was only for a few days.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. block all the nasty invisible trackers

It is so disgusting that trackers are always know what I am surfing or visiting a webpage

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatically connect only for certain networks

Automatically connect only while on certain networks. This is the opposite of the current connection to untrusted networks - it connects to all except those specified. This functionality would connect on none, except the specified networks.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ddos protection

I have a disturbed neighbor who gets his kicks by attacking my network which makes me stop what I'm doing to reset the router and my eeros. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base