Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add OpenVPN TCP servers

A lot of large institutes and public wifi hotspots are blocking OpenVPN over UDP protocol.

Could you please add protocol TCP over port 443.

A lot of other VPN providers already provide their customers with the ability to change ports/protocol for OpenVPN.

314 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    39 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Roku compatibility

With Roku having so many apps/channels.. Would be a good option

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Whitelist for websites

Have a whitelist for websites where you do not want to route traffic through the VPN, for example if you would like to access a website without using any VPN protocol, but still want to be use a VPN protocol when visiting other websites. Would help a lot, since I would not have to disconnect and reconnect at times.

Best Regards,
    Mauritz N

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow connection to "fastest server" within a specific region

Please see my forum posting on this same topic located at http://forum.goldenfrog.com/t/connect-to-fastest-server-within-a-specific-region/1057/2

Currently VyprVPN has the capability to connect to the "fastest server", which is an excellent feature.

However, there are times when the "fastest" (closest) server is not the best one for me to use.

Example: I am abroad, (outside the U.S.), and I need to connect to a server within the U.S. - somewhere - though it may not really matter where. (My e-mail clients depends on this to successfully send mail.)

As it is now, I select a particular server, (in my case, NY), and automatically connect…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Outbound Firewall

Configurable blocking of domains and IP ranges to prevent outbound traffic. This provides the following platform agnostic benefits:

*Blocking "Phone-home" applications on any device
    *Parental control (block facebook apps and/or website)
    *Disable C&C access to malware / botnets should a device or computer become compromised
    *Effective Ad and Tracking blocking

It could even be configured to operate in a White-listing mode to restrict access to exclusively approved ip's and domains.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Billing Notifications

With a recurring payment like VyprVPN Pro being billed annually it should be necessary that some sort of notification is sent to alert the user of their remaining time before renewal. I have had to simply be surprised by my bank statement to find out that my subscription was ending; which I believe in 2015 with our communications technology is disappointing. The notification email should include the date of service interruption, the ability to choose another plan and/or cancel, and the ability to agree to one more year of subscription - it's simply common courtesy.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. VyprVPN app for QNAP NAS

VyprVPN app for QNAP NAS

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Server Status page in the control panel

Add in the user control panel section "Status Servers" visible only for subscribers VyprVPN, showing the percentage of use of a server (for example France 10% or Russia 80%). The figure close to 0% will be green while that close to 100% will be colored red)
    This will allow users to know if the server service is overloaded and change accordingly to always have the fastest connection VyprVPN.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. changing server ip if blocked

there r isp or countries which block server name or server ips. it would be nice if the vyper software could detetc such severs and change automatically ips and shows just working servers on the sever list and remove that blocked Servers. :-)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please create a XBMC/KODI add on

I am running XBMC/KODI on a Fire TV and Windows but can't stream content from the USA as it is blocked by my IP.

Can you please provide an add-on for XBMC/KODI? I have seen another VPN provider do this (won't provide link here out of respect). I know I could set this up at the router level, but I don't want to do this for all traffic, just my Fire TV and am unable to do this with my router as far as I can see (RT-AC68U).

Ideally, this would start the VPN whenever I launched KODI, but I…

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow paid accounts to become free accounts

I'd just like to suggest that you allow people who were on a paid plan to be able to switch to the free plan. I have very very very limited need for your service. so even though it's a great service, paying a monthly fee wouldn't make sense for me since I don't even login once a month usually.

The only way for me to use the free plan now (since i was a paid member before) is to sign up for another account. It seems pretty silly and wasteful to make people create multiple accounts. Just going to eat…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ad blocking

Please consider an optional ad blocking feature in Vypervpn. Very useful on ipads and iphones, which lack a good app for that.

129 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Color code toolbar logo

A simple thing that would make your service easier to use

1. When connected, make your toolbar logo color green = safe

2. When disconnected from VPN, make it color red = unprotected

This instantly vivible and no clicks or other actions are required.

I did this elswhere and it was a great success. Try it, it works!

Lee

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support for Smart TVs

It would be fantastic if your program could be adapted to support smart TVs. The sooner the better. I hope you consider this option.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Two-Factor Authentication for VyprVPN App

As the VPN password is stored by default in the VyprVPN app, it would be very nice to be able to use a two factor authentication in the app to go beyond that process. This could either be done using a standalone application or perhaps through the Google Authentication system. I realize that the password can also be turned off by default but for those of us that are really careful this feature would be a nice add.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatic vpn connection when not connected to a trusted network

Being able to add trusted networks so that when i'm using an unknown WiFi connection a vpn is automatically set up

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible on the Android, Mac, and Windows apps. You can add Trusted networks to a list in the Settings/Preferences menu and enable the option to connect on Untrusted networks, which would be any network not on the Trusted list.

17. Please add second Russia server - Saint Petersburg

Please add second Russia server - Saint Petersburg

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Account Management - Client Login - Different Password

Currently there's a single password and login to control an account, and login through a client to use the service.

Taking a scenario where a device is lost, or went to the wrong hands, whoever is controlling the device can also control the account and it's details, including changing ownership, payment method, owner email, etc.

For me it seems a major security risk. I think it's important that account password can be set different than clients login password.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Student Discount

Other VPN providers are reaching out to students from students discount to free subscriptions.

VyprVPN's Chameleon™ technology lets students across the world access the internet without limits and if they were to possibly get it for free or at a discounted price the better students would be prepared for school.

154 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Use 4096 bits public key certificate

As 1024 bits RSA key is becoming weak, we don't exactly know the power of NSA and others intelligence agencies so I suggest to change the keysize to 4096 bits to be sure that no one will be able to factorize the key.

188 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base