Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto-Protocol Switch

I have been having trouble with VyprVPN connecting. Found out I needed to switch protocols.

It would be great to have a protocol switch(es) on the control panel. Something similar to the "kill switch", "connect on untrusted wi-fi", and "block malicious sites".

I would also be great to have an switch to automatically find the "best" or "unblocked" protocol. You could set order of preference in the "system preferences".

254 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Roku compatibility

With Roku having so many apps/channels.. Would be a good option

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VyprVPN app for QNAP NAS

VyprVPN app for QNAP NAS

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color code toolbar logo

A simple thing that would make your service easier to use

1. When connected, make your toolbar logo color green = safe

2. When disconnected from VPN, make it color red = unprotected

This instantly vivible and no clicks or other actions are required.

I did this elswhere and it was a great success. Try it, it works!

Lee

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatic vpn connection when not connected to a trusted network

Being able to add trusted networks so that when i'm using an unknown WiFi connection a vpn is automatically set up

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is currently possible on the Android, Mac, and Windows apps. You can add Trusted networks to a list in the Settings/Preferences menu and enable the option to connect on Untrusted networks, which would be any network not on the Trusted list.

6. Split tunnel VPN traffic on a per-app basis

I want to be able to send just certain applications through the VPN.

How it works:
    Set the VPN monitor applications to "send traffic through secure launch"

In the VPN monitor software, you simply add an application you want to send through the VPN tunnel, connect to the VPN service, and click "Start" on that particular application.

That way, you can go about your normal applications at the same time you use the VPN tunnel for important services.

I suppose the DNS leakage is a challenge for developers, but this is a super-handy tool that made me stick to that…

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. VyprVPN for Blackberry 10

I have found a converted version of the Android app (1.2.1) and side loaded it, but the app would not even load. It would be great to have a native BB10 version of the app, or even a converted Android version.

Alternately, a VPN can be set up on the device manually. The attached file contains information on the settings available. Unfortunately nothing conforms with manual options for other environments.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jerry

269 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Privacy filter on VPN servers

Since blocking ads, trackers. Http referrers, social tracking etc is hard on mobile devices (and cumbersome on desktops) it would be a great add-on for Vypr.
    Let the VPN server do the filtering for me and sell it as an add-on like NAT.
    Small beginnings: use the filters from Adblock Plus.
    Later: Look at Ghostery and similar browser plugins to get inspiration on what to block to prevent tracking.
    Ideally: prevent browser uniqueness tracking (see this article http://panopticlick.eff.org/browser-uniqueness.pdf).

I would suggest a price of 5-10 dollars per month for this add-on. Would also be perfect for the new business…

497 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. VyprVPN app automaticly choosing best performance server

Would it be possible to let the application chose automatically the best performance location at each login ?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add more protocols in your basic plan. It may help us to compete with your competitors.

add more protocols in your basic plan. It may help you to compete with your competitors.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. create a forum

Hello

I would suggest that create you a forum to help users more easily.

Regards David Ouilleres

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. bypass ISP detection by hiding VPN traffic with a SSH tunnel

Hello, as u know, a lot of ISP found a way to lock the traffic speed when we use a VPN and this with any VPN protocol, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, OpenVPN and the last Chameleon.
    I used to Download at 11.5MB/s with L2TP/IPsec AES256 or OpenVPN 256. i had the same speed with or without VPN.
    and one day, paf ! My VPN speed dropped at 2MB/s
    as I still have full speed without VPN.
    So I searched over the internet which way would be strong enough to defeat the DPI packets decryption and unable to detect VPN traffic.
    I read…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Chameleon Technology that is available in Windows, Mac and Android.

Chameleon scrambles OpenVPN packet metadata to ensure it’s not recognizable via deep packet inspection (DPI), while still keeping it fast and lightweight. The Chameleon technology uses the unmodified OpenVPN 256-bit protocol for the underlying data encryption.

The result is that VyprVPN users are able to bypass restrictive networks put in place by governments, corporations and ISPs to achieve an open internet experience without sacrificing the proven security for which OpenVPN has long been known. Experience a truly open and uncensored Internet with Chameleon VPN.

http://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/chameleon

14. Allow passwords longer than 14 characters

Currently you can only open an account using a password of 14 characters maximum. There is no reason for this restriction and it only benefits those who would try and brute force an account.

The password length limit should be raised to something less likely to be broken by a GPU in a few days.

200 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatically connect to the VPN server whenever your phone or computer starts up

Automatically connect to the VPN server whenever your phone or computer starts up

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update DD-WRT tutorial

Can you update your DD-WRT tutorials (PPTP and OpenVPN) with current versions of the firmware (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) std - build 22118).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. VyprVPN Windows and MAC server ping test

I strongly recommend that PC or MAC VyprVPN need a Function to evaluate the PING of all the servers when it starts.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great News! We just added automatic and manual port selection to the VyprVPN Windows app. Mac is very close to being completed and will enter Beta in the next week or so.

https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/changelog/windows

- Chameleon and OpenVPN automatic port selection randomly scans for open ports to defeat intentional port blocking or throttling
    - Chameleon and OpenVPN manual port selection allows you to choose the port

19. Add OpenVPN for GigaNews customers

The options currently included, PPTP/IPsec and L2TP, are outdated, vulnerable to several attacks an inefficient.
    Please add OpenVPN for GigaNews customers.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need to test it

Having tried Anonymizer Total Net Shield and finding that it didn't work reliably through my Hughesnet satellite connection, I'm reluctant to spend money on this one just to find out. I wish there was some kind of free trial, even if it was only for a few days.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base