Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. dd-wrt best practices

Provide guidance for DD-WRT router set up. For example, Stay Alive is a great feature that fixes the service drop issue. Your support reps were great but were not able to advise me on this. I found the info on the TOR router website instead. Given the unique setup protocol for Vypr VPN, I would prefer to get your best practices rather than rely on other sites for this information, if possible.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VyprVPN for Raspberry Pi

Can VyprVPN support Raspberry Pi so I can use a Raspberry Pi as a router / Gateway?

85 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Do you have plans for supporting OpenVPN Mikrotik routers?

Do you have any plans for supporting OpenVPN on Mikrotik routers?
    It seems like some more certificates is needed for support at the moment.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VyprVPN Router

I would like to have a way to use my dd-wrt router to handle the VPN tunnel AND have the option to easily change the location of the VPN server, Would it be possible to make a plugin or some type of router control panel to work with DD-WRT or another open source firmware. ?

284 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Vyprvpn with fritzbox Hardware

Vyprvpn directly use with Fritzbox Hardware.
    Router Hardware -> www.avm.de

200 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. when are you going to support IKE IPSEC tunnel ? This way we can set the vpn up on the router level (any router that support IKE Ipsec) ?

when are you going to support IKE IPSEC tunnel ? This way we can set the vpn up on the router level (any router that support IKE Ipsec) ?

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. On Demand for unsecured Wi-Fi only

If possible, please port this desktop option over. I would love for On Demand to only connect on unsecured Wi-Fi networks, since cellular data and WPA2 protected Wi-Fi networks are usually safe enough to go without VPN.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. VyprVPN settings with LEDE

Prerequisites:
    - Know your way around Linux, SSH (putty), Shell, Compile your own firmware, understand Class A, B, C Networking.

My setup: VirtualBox by Oracle
    compile your own LEDE firmware and select the packages you want to have yourself (minimal installation = cleanest installation)

Information for starters:
    https://lede-project.org/docs/user-guide/virtualbox-vm.
    https://www.virtualbox.org/

I'm not going to write a full tutorial here how to handle linux and all the commands. You can use search engines online for that.

But the information on routers setup, dd-wrt, openwrt didn't work on my end so I analyses the error logs to get it up and running…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. custom LED support

shibby supports access to the router's LEDs. It would be nice to add an option to enable a VyprVPN LED configuration that will show the status of the VPN (disconnected, connecting, connected or error)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Router app backup and restore

I have, unfortunately, had to reinstall the app and firmware a few times. The hardest part is when I have to reconfigure all of the devices under the Per Device VPN, i.e. adding known names and specific privileges using previous screenshots because resetting the router wipes it all out. A handy upgrade for the app would be to backup and restore these settings that are separate from the router configuration.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Per-Device VPN device reload button

My devices in the per device vpn section contain old devices that are no longer on the network and new ones don't show up. The new ones have been connected and not picked up. I do have a static mac table as well and don't know if it is read by vyprvpn or just the active mac table.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Block device from accessing local LAN

I like the client apps that allow you to specify whether they are able to access the local LAN. Can that be done per device in the router app? I would like to isolate some of my IoT devices so they can get to internet but NOT connect to any of my internal devices behind the firewall...

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Manual Port Selection Router App

Please add the ability to manually select a port using the router app.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Installation document for Router App should use https

The documentation for installing the router app uses http:// for downloading scripts; this is trivial to exploit as man-in-the-middle attacks and make malware injection possible with escalated privileges. It should be switched to https://.

The install script itself also uses http:// to download the VyprVPN .tar.gz file, which is again exploitable and uses no checksums to check integrity.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Port Filtering on VyprVPN Router App

Port filtering feature to select the ports of a device that will access the VPN and those that will not.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A webui-related plugin designed for Asuswrt

Can you develop a webui that supports Asuswrt. A webui-related plugin designed for Tomato won't work with Asuswrt

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Traffic Priority and more retries

Two ideas: One, be able to configure priority for VPN traffic (ie, set the traffic over the VPN to a higher priority than ordinary traffic). Also, the number of reconnect retries ought to be able to be set to unlimited.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base