Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. VyprVPN Router App support PPPoE

It would be good if all PPPoE connected internet users could utilize a VPN router.

The following link indicates PPPoE is not currently supported.
    https://support.goldenfrog.com/hc/en-us/articles/205229587-Hardware-requirements-for-the-VyprVPN-Router-App

226 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VyprVPN Router IP Address Reset

Would like to have a feature to assign a new IP once every hour, 6 hours, 12 hour and 24 hour, etc.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto select Fastest Server

Auto select Fastest Server vs. manually selection individual Server

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VyprVPN Router App - Local or non Google Fonts - China

Hi,

I am currently Testing the VyprVPN Router App on Tomato in China.

Its working really well.

The only problem I have is that Google Services are blocked in China, when the Vypr Interface opens while VPN is disconnected it takes forever to try to load some fonts from fonts.googleapis.com

I would suggest hosting those on the router with the app itself or loading from Github or something that is not blocked.

Let me know if you need more info

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support to Routers with an embedded VPN option (e.g., Easy-Box 904 xDSL)

Support to misc. routers with a VPN option that can be activated when configured (e.g., Easy-Box 904 xDSL).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. VyprVPN Router - automatic reconnect

Hi there, I have noticed that after rebooting my router (Asus running Tomato with VyprVPN) or when my ISP goes offline , the VPN does not reconnect automatically. Can you please add a feature to keep attempting to reconnect to the previous gateway every so often (say every hour)?
    Thank you,
    Ze

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Per-App functionality for VyprVPN Router App

I installed VyprVPN router app, but I use VPN only for some applications,.e.g. youtube, netflix, amazon instant video; So I expect VyprVPN router app could support VPN connection for a list of applications like youtube/netflix/hulu..., but direct ISP connections for most other applications, so that I need not turn on and off the VPN.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. individual (separate) ssid to bypass vpn

hi
    please add an option VyprVPN router app to add a separate ssid to bypass the vpn and connects to the internet directly>
    just like per device vpn
    but this time something like per ssid vpn (virtual wlans)

keep it in mind that you need to to this for both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz

thanks

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. E-Mail Alters for VPN Status Changes Connected Disconnected Etc

E-Mail Alerts for VPN Status Changes Connected Disconnected Etc. I currently have mine set to reconnect the max 20 times but still end up not connected. I have no idea when I'm connected or not without having to manually check the status. It would be nice if I could simply get an e-mail saying that your router is not connected to VyprVPN.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow VyprVPN module to work over https

I prefer to use https when connecting to the R7000 router, so please make the module work over https

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve DD-WRT router re-connect

Please consider providing a more elegant solution for the DD-WRT router service access drops. The current solution is to re-boot the router 2-3 times per day. I was told that Vypr VPN does not offer dedicated server access and therefore service drops such as this are expected. While the app can automatically re-connect, the DD-WRT router requires a reboot, a process which is more onerous and time consuming.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Nat Firewall automatic restart after "n" minutes

I appreciate that there is a firewall available to block incoming traffic. And while I would like to be able to configure which ports I can open (and know you have said NO to this), the end result is that I have to "lower my shields" when I need to connect. The problem is I have to remember to raise them again when I am done, and that often does not happen.

So, as a compromise, I would really like to see a feature like "snooze" which allows me to shut off the firewall for some period of time, like…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide OpenVPN client packages for self configuration please.

Provide a client config package so you can configure your own OpenVPN client - useful for non-supported clients such as PFsense that you need to have the client key for.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can you please support ASUS DSL_AC68U

Cant get your VYPRVPN to work no matter what i try :( tried setting it up as a client but get chap authentication issues
    or if i try openvpn getting errors

please support this router you currently have support out for the ASUS AC68U router why no love for the DSL version :(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable Chameleon from online Control Panel

We have VyperVPN configured from our router. This means that we are missing out on the advanced features of the application. Please allow us to implement these features through the online Control Panel. You guys are amazing!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can you to produce a OpenVPN set up guide for a router which has been flashed with Merlin?

Can you to produce a OpenVPN set up guide for a router which has been flashed with Merlin? You already have guides for DD-WRT and Tomato.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. HUAWEI4G LTE Pocket WiFi Router

you may need to support HUAWEI E589 E5776 4G LTE Pocket WiFi Router

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base