Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. VyprVPN Gaming Mode

it would be great to add gaming mode feature in the application .
    gaming mode will block the other network connections that consuming the internet and causing high ping

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. always on top

add an option for always on top, i run 6 screens on my system but it keeps getting shuffled under other stuff.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the upload and download colors, red/green colorblind friendly

red/green colorblindness affects .5% of men. a simple design change of color will allow us to see the difference between uploads and downloads.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Monitor internet Bandwith (traffic) of my computer

One thing I really like about VyprVPN is the traffic graph showing the real time internet traffic (both Incoming and Outgoing). I decided I want this for my desktop but a good version of it has been very difficult to find unless I want to pay for it.

Then I thought that I've already paid for VyprVPN so maybe the could change to do the local computer traffic for a VyprVPN subscriber.

I used to be computer programmer so I believe it should be easy to do. (Famous last words.) The animated graph is already done and stuff. So, your…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Start app minimized to system tray on launch

It would be nice if you could disable the application window from popping up automatically when it is started. Instead you could have an icon that will allow you to see the popup menu when you wanted to.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rotate a group of connections

I'd like to select a number of vpn's and rotate the connection over random periods automatically.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. connect vyprvpn through proxy

HTTP/HTTPS proxy support for Vyprvpn software. Currently those who are behind firewal and use a proxy to connect to internet aren't able to use Vyprvpn

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Release notes for new versions and beta versions

I would like to see release notes for features add and bug fixes in full versions and beta versions. I personally like to know what is being added, fixed, and removed from programs I use.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. An option to disconnect / connect to the vpn via command line in windows.

If you had an option to disconnect / connect to the VPN via command line in windows, then I can script the process to occur automatically depending on specific criteria. This would then be controllable outside of your UI, allowing more flexibility.
    Example: In other VPN services you can do something like this
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\VyprVPN\VyprVPN.exe" -disconnect

This in turn can be created into a batch file and added to your "project" or whatever.

244 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Timed Rotation through servers

Add a feature to allow users to build a list of servers they would like VyperVpn to rotate through. Have a radio button for sequential or random rotation, and field to specify time duration between server changes.

The user would build a list a list of preferred servers, and with the SERVER ROTATION option enabled, VyperVPN would automatically change servers every 30 minutes or whatever interval the user specifies. The rotation could be sequential through the user list (top to bottom) or random, as specified by the user.

You could add fields for automatic server selection from the list based…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Switch servers from system tray while connected

Currently I can connect to any of my favorite servers by either right clicking the mini icon tray, or by clicking the "location" icon in the main application window, but it would be great to be able to do this also while connected.

So if I'm already connected to a VPN I could select another one and it would do the disconnection and connection automatically. I don't know if this is a trivial request, it would save a few clicks, and I think keeping the "location" icon next to the connect/disconnect button seems logical instead of hiding it after being…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Being Able To Switch Between Servers Without Deconnexion

Being Able To Switch Between Servers Without Deconnexion With one Click:

While being connected to a server,
    I want to switch to another server. But have to deconnect first.

Instead of that, would be really great if when I switch to another server, I stay connected to the former one.
    Then, once I am connected to the new server, only then the former connexion can be killed.

That way, I stay connected all along, without interruption, just changed server location.

That is useful to use when downloading files at for exemple, sppedyshare or file sharing sites like that who restrict…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Start app minimized to tray on Windows start

The earlier program version minimised to tray when starting automatically on Windows start. The latest version has taken away that feature and the program starts maximised on the desktop now. That may be great for some but I like to control how auto-start programs behave, ie whether they are maximised or minimised. It would be good if a "Minimise to tray" tickbox option existed in General Options which is available when you select "Launch VprVPN on log in".

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  16 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add General option : "Connect start Windows and Minimize to tray"

Hello,

Thank you add in the general options the following option:
    "Connect and minimize to tray VyprVPN at Windows startup".

Sorry for my bad English ...

thank you

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Currently, the windows for VyperVPN use Alpha Blending to draw which makes them invisible to VNC connections

Currently, it appears that the windows for VyperVPN use Alpha Blending to draw their windows, although I see no benefit from it. However, alpha blended windows will disappear when viewed using VNC if the VNC option to hide the home desktop is set to on (which is the default for security.) What this means is that when I remotely log into my Windows 7 machine using VNC, the local screen goes black, and the VyperVPN window AND the drop down window from the task bar are not visible on the VNC window. I cannot tell the status of the connection…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. TAP windows driver selection

New vyprvpn setup forces install tap windows driver with goldenfrog signature but it's an older version of openvpn's and has heartbleed vulnerability.so instead of forcing anything,at least make it selectable,so we can skip it and install a tab windows driver version we want.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

VyprVPN 2.9.6 will introduce user-selectable OpenVPN adapters, with the default being the standard OpenVPN TAP adapter. The other option is the VyprVPN TAP adapter, which could be used in cases where the standard OpenVPN TAP adapter fails (due to conflicts, etc).

This is already available in the Advanced tab of the 2.9.6.7169 beta version and it will be out in production very soon.

While the driver itself is not selectable, the adapter is and both adapters will use the most up-to-date, secure drivers for OpenVPN.

17. Add a button "change ip address"

instead of press disconnect and reconnect again.
    why not add a button below it saying "change ip address"
    which allows user to change the ip address in the same location

242 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Vyprvn ip address

Please could you add the ip address which server is connected to
    on the Windows app,

So we can see what ip address is connected to

Thanks

Raj

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. VyprVPN on blu-ray player

can I download and safe the Vypr Vpn software on Blue ray hard disk. to be able, watching TV?
    I am siffing in Saudi and want to watch german TV, Therefore i need to use a german IP, but dont want to connect the TV/blue ray player with the Laptop, any ideas much appreciated.
    Thanks
    RB

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel cannot communicate

When I start VyprVPN for Windows on a x64 system (7 AND 8.1) with preset OpenVPN 256 bit encryption and with the kill switch on I always get this error:

"System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel cannot communicate"

Looks like the kill switch is the problem. Fix this, it's not rocket science.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base