Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide Taskbar Tab When Minimized

I upgraded to VyprVPN v2.3.3.2452 and I see that while running in Windows 7, the tab in the taskbar stays visible. I would perfer to not have this tab visible in order to save space. Can you provide an option for "hide taskbar tab when minimized" or something similar?

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. dropbox

I just changed to VYPRVPN PRO, before I worked with Astrill. Since I live in China, VPN is a welcome tool for foreigners.

VYPRVPN doesn't support my dropbox account. I'm depended on this for my business. What can I do to activiate the dropbox in China, or is VYPRVPN not capable to do this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto start applications on connect and auto-close on connection lost

Add a list of software to start on connection success and to (force) close when losing connection.
    I'm using "VPN Lifeguard" to do this, but it will be better if integrated inside your application.
    Very usefull when using a software that should not run outside the VPN.
    (sorry if bad english)

215 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have implemented a similar feature, Kill Switch, in our VyprVPN Windows 2.5 release which allows the user to choose to not have internet access when the computer is not connected to VPN. We are currently working on the proof of concept for per-app VPN. I hope this answers your questions!

4. Keep favorites after VyprVPN update

Keep the location favorites after a VyprVPN update.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Desktop warning

A window display on the desktop when Vypr disconnects. This would let a user know when they have been away from their system that they need to reconnect before going online.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Fastest Server" - An option where VyprVPN app selects the best server

I would like an option in desktop app, thats automatic selecting the server that are closest to your location, so your always are connected to the best server(For optimal speed), which also can be used for people that are traveling alot.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability for the vyprVPN gui to have a mini-mode (shrinkable) and stay on top of all windows.

Need to be able to monitor the vyprVPN connection while having another window/app open full screen.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Switch to destination server programatically

Need some sort of automation to switch to destination server without manual clicking. May be you can add functionality to your VyprVPN.exe to take a param that would specify a server to which a VPN connection is made (you can add optiona user ID and pwd). Assuming VyprVPN app is running (and a user is logged-in), when VyprVPN.exe -s us2.vpn.goldenfrog.com is launched it would do the same as manual selection of the server from the list in GUI - just establish connection to specified destination.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Encrypt DNS traffic with free open source OpenDNS

Just to inform you and recommend DNS encryption for VyprVPN:

This free open source software works parallel to your VPN:
    http://www.opendns.com/about/innovations/dnscrypt/

Perhaps you can recommend it to the engineering team for the beta versions, please?

As long as there is no implementation in your windows client I will use the above tool additionally
    to avoid man-in-the-middle attacks and prevent any spying.

Please also have a look at lifehacker:
    http://lifehacker.com/how-to-boost-your-internet-security-with-dnscrypt-510386189

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display a pop-up on Windows when VYPRVPN connection is lost

Display a pop-up on Windows when VYPRVPN connection is lost. In other words, this is what pop-up says: "Your connection to VYPRVPN has been disconnected, VYPRVPN is now attempting to reconnect

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sort VPN servers by lowest latency

There is actualy no sort function which arranges VPN servers by lowest latency. Would be very helpful instead of scrolling all servers.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Notifications

This does not happen too often so this why it is important.

VprVPN can chug along happily then, without warning, lose the connection. I am using a sound to warn me but this sound makes a single "beep". There needs to be something a little more substantial--maybe made optional.

Recently, I left my computer and my VPN connection was lost. I came back and did not think to check VyprVPN's status. I just assumed that it was still connected. So, I continued for about an hour without VPN protection when I kind of needed it!

I suggest some type of…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hello! It would be nice to be able to change the size of the application window !.

Hello! It would be nice to be able to change the size of the application window !

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Recommend and/or auto-connect to best VPN server

Recommend and/or auto-connect to best VPN server

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto Initial-Connect - Keeps Retrying Until Connected or Cancelled

Initial Connection Keeps Retrying Until Connected or Cancelled

Usually it takes between 3 and 6 attempts at pressing connect to actually connect.

I want the client to just keep retrying until its connected.

There is already auto re-connect, but i need Auto Initial Connect

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix DNS Leaks

it would be nice if it made sure there isn't any dns leaks
    as on windows it usually leaks
    https://www.dnsleaktest.com

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. We need a cancel button during Connecting...

Not all the servers respond. We need to be able to cancel and select a different server. Worse than that....if the "Automatically reconnect" option is ticked, there is no way to break into the reconnection cycle. VyprVPN will continuously keep trying to connect to the unavailable server.
    We have to then go in to the options, untick it, and then wait for the connection to fail again before we can select a different server.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. VyprVPN Re-connect Change Suggestion

VyprVPN Auto-reconnect everytime the connection is terminated, even if it is the user that did it

there is a few sites i can't use a vpn, so its pretty annoyed that i cannot disconnect from vyprvpn without its immedietely re-connecting again

My Suggestion is : VyprVPN does not re-connect if the connection is terminated by the user

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please let us choose the App Language

The application it is really nice, but it would be nice if we could choose the interface language instead of the auto-config from OS. In my case I'm more used to use English in apps rather than mother tongue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 Colors instead of Three

4 Colors instead of Three namely:

1. Red = Disconnected

2. Yellow = Connecting

3. Blue = Connected

4. Green = Ip has Changed

I notice that when using the VPN protocols vpn & chameleon the ips doesn't fully change right away. For some reason, many times the websites that I went to detects my original ip so I would like to ask for this feature the color green indicator signifying that my ip has now fully changed so I can start browsing the web and my original ip not detected.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base