Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PopUp when VYPR VPN is not running

I would like the option to activate a POP UP window when VYPR VPN has crashed (exited) or is not running. I don't ever want to accidentally browse without protection, and if I've exited the program or it's crashed, and I don't pay attention looking down in the toolbar, I would like some sort of very visible bubble alert on my main monitor that indicates VYPRVPN is not running.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quit VyprVPN from the app

I like pretty much everything about VyprVPN. However, there is one thing that bugs me. I click Disconnect when I am ready to shut down VprnVPN. Then if I want to quit the app I have to go find the Taskbar Menu and select "Quit VyprVPN". Why? I think it would be absolutely terrific to put a quit link, button or whatever on the app window. A person can quit (only when Disconnected) right from the app itself. The don't need to find a taskbar menu some on their taskbar. I think it makes sense. (Of course I do because…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. option to reconect last ip

option to reconect last ip address

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ability to lock the speed graph on top of all applications

Requesting the ability to lock the speed graph on top of all applications.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Log that tracks bandwidth while using internet (evidence for ISP)

I pay for 15/1 ISP service but rarely get it. ISP (TWC) denies this happens even though I've filed several complaints with FCC. If I had proof that I have no band width when filling complaints I think it would help the case. Usually I get 2-5 MPS instead of 15.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. instead of having VyprVPN appear as Unintended network and Ethernet 2 why not incorporate a familiar identifier?

Instead of having VyprVPN appear as Unidentified network and Ethernet 2 why not incorporate a familiar specific identifier in the name like golden frog or VyprVPN so not to spook anybody unfamiliar with this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Use symbols or improved colors for up/down speeds in the speed graph

Hello
    There is a histrogram that shows the traffic red for not connected and bue for connected.
    But in this histogram the traffic UP and DOWN is with a different of color that makes very difficult to read. You could improve this by using symboles and keeping the same color code. see picture.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Connection sound notifications enabled by default

IT SHOULD NOTIFY ME WITH A SOUND ALERT WHEN THE VPN GETS DISCONNECTED SOMETIMES, BY DEFAULT. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ALL USERS IRRESPECTIVE :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Skype Resolver Tool

A tool where when someone Skype resolves your account it pops up with the VPN rather than your IP

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add an option to resolve all DNS requests remotely

I usually use a customized hosts file for daily working. It gives me fast internet access for general purpose and can easily access some blocked websites such as google and wikipedia, etc. When connecting to vypervpn, I found the hosts is still active. This is not expected. Is there any option to bypass the windows hosts file by resolveing all DNS requests remotely ?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Toggle Kill Switch on and off from task bar options

I frequently change the kill switch engagement by changing the options -- it would speed matters by having control also in the right click menu of the task bar icon.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Upload download meter

Most users do not have unlimited usage, so how about including upload/download counters that can be reset to zero on the first day of the month or manually by the user. I've always been curious about how much usage I consume while using VPN due to encryption settings :-)

Cheers.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Auto switch to local connection when browsering local sites

I'm from China.
    I have to browser both foreign sites and local Chinese sites at the same time on my work.
    I found it annoying when I want to switch it back to local network.
    Could you provide an “auto switch” option, that can detect the site location and switch back to my own line when I browsing local sites. Only turn on VyprVPN servers when I browse foreign sites or use foreign servers.
    Since I use other VPN service before, I know some of the VPN service provider has already got this function.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When a connection fails explain why

I'm presuming there are well-known problems such intermediaries blocking key operations. Perhaps these can be detected so I can be told I'm in a hotel that is choosing to block VPNs.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. IP history and Unique IP Selecting

https://vpnservice.reviews/wp-content/uploads/hidemyass-screenshot8.png

We want to this features;
    IP History Logging
    Don't use previously used ip (Unique IP Selecting)

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. VPN over DNS protocol

An option to allow VPN connexion over DNS protocol & ICMP protocol

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Indicator on Browser

An indicator on browsers to show VPN active

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. portableapps.com version would be NICE

portableapps.com version would be nice to have. I am going to look into making one for myself, but it would be sweet and pretty easy for you guys and girls to produce one, since you know the dependencies and I will have to track them all down. My 2 cents. Thanks for making a great product in VYPRvpn.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow specification of protocol based on location (Work vs Home allow different)

At work, both Chameleon and OpenVPN fail to connect, but L2TP does connect.
    At home, Chameleon connects fine
    Allow specification of preferred protocol based on connection properties (Maybe MAC, maybe login, up to you guys)

To add to the fun - I'm running this within a virtual machine, so it's going through the VM, then Server 2012, then external connection, so nice if can handle this as well

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base