Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use symbols or improved colors for up/down speeds in the speed graph

Hello
    There is a histrogram that shows the traffic red for not connected and bue for connected.
    But in this histogram the traffic UP and DOWN is with a different of color that makes very difficult to read. You could improve this by using symboles and keeping the same color code. see picture.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Connection sound notifications enabled by default

IT SHOULD NOTIFY ME WITH A SOUND ALERT WHEN THE VPN GETS DISCONNECTED SOMETIMES, BY DEFAULT. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ALL USERS IRRESPECTIVE :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Skype Resolver Tool

A tool where when someone Skype resolves your account it pops up with the VPN rather than your IP

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an option to resolve all DNS requests remotely

I usually use a customized hosts file for daily working. It gives me fast internet access for general purpose and can easily access some blocked websites such as google and wikipedia, etc. When connecting to vypervpn, I found the hosts is still active. This is not expected. Is there any option to bypass the windows hosts file by resolveing all DNS requests remotely ?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Toggle Kill Switch on and off from task bar options

I frequently change the kill switch engagement by changing the options -- it would speed matters by having control also in the right click menu of the task bar icon.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Upload download meter

Most users do not have unlimited usage, so how about including upload/download counters that can be reset to zero on the first day of the month or manually by the user. I've always been curious about how much usage I consume while using VPN due to encryption settings :-)

Cheers.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto switch to local connection when browsering local sites

I'm from China.
    I have to browser both foreign sites and local Chinese sites at the same time on my work.
    I found it annoying when I want to switch it back to local network.
    Could you provide an “auto switch” option, that can detect the site location and switch back to my own line when I browsing local sites. Only turn on VyprVPN servers when I browse foreign sites or use foreign servers.
    Since I use other VPN service before, I know some of the VPN service provider has already got this function.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When a connection fails explain why

I'm presuming there are well-known problems such intermediaries blocking key operations. Perhaps these can be detected so I can be told I'm in a hotel that is choosing to block VPNs.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. IP history and Unique IP Selecting

https://vpnservice.reviews/wp-content/uploads/hidemyass-screenshot8.png

We want to this features;
    IP History Logging
    Don't use previously used ip (Unique IP Selecting)

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. VPN over DNS protocol

An option to allow VPN connexion over DNS protocol & ICMP protocol

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Indicator on Browser

An indicator on browsers to show VPN active

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. portableapps.com version would be NICE

portableapps.com version would be nice to have. I am going to look into making one for myself, but it would be sweet and pretty easy for you guys and girls to produce one, since you know the dependencies and I will have to track them all down. My 2 cents. Thanks for making a great product in VYPRvpn.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow specification of protocol based on location (Work vs Home allow different)

At work, both Chameleon and OpenVPN fail to connect, but L2TP does connect.
    At home, Chameleon connects fine
    Allow specification of preferred protocol based on connection properties (Maybe MAC, maybe login, up to you guys)

To add to the fun - I'm running this within a virtual machine, so it's going through the VM, then Server 2012, then external connection, so nice if can handle this as well

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Connection speed measure units - give people choice!

Maybe I haven't found it, but it appears we can't choose between different connection speed units - there are only bps/Kbps/Mbps.

I'd love to have "Bytes per second" option, and it shouldn't be hard to implement. Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The network is disconnected from the moment Switch Kill does not work, the application will run at this time! Exposure to local IP

The network is disconnected from the moment Switch Kill does not work, the application will run at this time! Exposure to local IP

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Connection Fail-over, Load Balancing, Further Ping Reduction and Possible Strategies

The idea would be to have a feature which improves reliability, speed and game latency. In order to make this possible, the app should identify whether multiple internet connections are available.

For UDP streams, it should prioritize packets through the connection which provides the lowest latency to the VPN server. At the same time, reliability could be put in place by detecting any latency spikes or downtime and route packets to an alternative network connection on the criteria that it gives lower latency or a connection at all.

If one network connection is congested, you will also have the option…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Schedule VPN Connection Times

I would like to have an option where I can set a schedule for when the VPN Connects and Disconnects.

Example. I want the VPN to connect at midnight every night and disconnect at 7am every morning.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. memory position

it would be that the app is a memory position on the screen
    because I have two screens at each boot is soft positions on the main screen and I have to move every time the second method on the screen

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Could you add a ping meter from my end to your server

in the main window, while connected, add a 3-n bars to display the quality of the connection by testing the ping round trip time

for example:
    up to 100ms - Good conneciton
    100ms to 200ms - Medium connection
    200ms and up - Bad connection

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base