Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Connection speed measure units - give people choice!

Maybe I haven't found it, but it appears we can't choose between different connection speed units - there are only bps/Kbps/Mbps.

I'd love to have "Bytes per second" option, and it shouldn't be hard to implement. Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The network is disconnected from the moment Switch Kill does not work, the application will run at this time! Exposure to local IP

The network is disconnected from the moment Switch Kill does not work, the application will run at this time! Exposure to local IP

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Connection Fail-over, Load Balancing, Further Ping Reduction and Possible Strategies

The idea would be to have a feature which improves reliability, speed and game latency. In order to make this possible, the app should identify whether multiple internet connections are available.

For UDP streams, it should prioritize packets through the connection which provides the lowest latency to the VPN server. At the same time, reliability could be put in place by detecting any latency spikes or downtime and route packets to an alternative network connection on the criteria that it gives lower latency or a connection at all.

If one network connection is congested, you will also have the option…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Schedule VPN Connection Times

I would like to have an option where I can set a schedule for when the VPN Connects and Disconnects.

Example. I want the VPN to connect at midnight every night and disconnect at 7am every morning.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. memory position

it would be that the app is a memory position on the screen
    because I have two screens at each boot is soft positions on the main screen and I have to move every time the second method on the screen

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could you add a ping meter from my end to your server

in the main window, while connected, add a 3-n bars to display the quality of the connection by testing the ping round trip time

for example:
    up to 100ms - Good conneciton
    100ms to 200ms - Medium connection
    200ms and up - Bad connection

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lower TTL

Lower TTL when connecting to servers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Connection to be on peruser accounts in windows when having more than one user account on windows platform

when one user is running vyprvpn and locks user profile and another user logs in to his/her own account still vyprnvpn uses the connection that is on the other user profile. meaning if for example the user running vyprvpn is connected or even not while having kill switch on.. the other user cant use internet normaly or have to use vyprvpn connection to surf

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. skin

Some variable different skins for the ap would be very good

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 with L2TP/IPsec

Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 now supports l2tp over ipsec, but vyprvpn not working... ?

164 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. An inApp NetworkManager

Hi golden frogs,

i would like to see a NetworkManager in the app. Like when clicking on the traffic monitor it would open not only the bars in separate window but also shows which app is currently use the vpncon. This could be nicely combined with a function to white ore blacklist an application to use or not use vyprvpn or even block an app from using internet.

I ask this because i always want to know which program is calling home.

Have a nice day.

Greets

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Firefox

A Firefox extension that would simply allow placing the 'Country Name' (or flag) ON the browser toolbar to remind me where I'm tunnling to.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. VyprVPN application icon

I'd appreciate it if you would include different colored icons for VyprVPN. I use a solid black desktop background so the current all black application icon isn't visible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatic setup for use on game consoles

An auto bridger or something

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Need Server Info

Need notice when a server is unavailable That has already been selected. The UK server in on and off and sometimes Vyper just grinds and grinds not connecting. A manual ping shows 'nothing' indicating not available.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Install Language ITALIAN

hi, vypervpn has not installed the Italian language, please install it

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Assign different VPN protocols to favorite servers

Users should be able to set protocol for each favorite location.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Disable kill switch when being on whitelisted network

Currently the kill switch prevents to automatically connect to the internet without manually establishing a VyprVPN connection when being on a whitelisted network as that option disables the auto connect feature for known SSIDs. Please allow non-protected traffic on whitelisted WiFis.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Detect install directory

When Vypr is installed in a directory other than the default, this is not detected during updates and needs to be manually edited each time.

It would be good if the program could recognize where the previous version was installed and use that same directory.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. mannually configure routes

I'm using a proxy server software with integrated mail server( Wingate) on a server with static IP.

When i use vyprvpn to use Wingate services for routing outgoing traffic, mail server becomes unavailable because Vyprvpn overrides default routes on server route table.

So I really need a way to set theses route manually or a way to left these routes unchanged (Wingate will then handle the connection and manage routes).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base