Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. timed connection refresh

Add in an option to allow the app to disconnect and reconnect after a certain length of time. so for instance the server your currently connected to may not be the fastest server any more. HMA has this option and its very usefull for keeping the connection at its fastest.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Smart dns and unlimited routers friends sharing in more than 3 users

smartdns and unlimited sharing subsription 1 off fee

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Kill Switch for Non-VyprVPN traffic

Often it would be handy to kill , or perhaps throttle specific traffic with or without VPN for various reasons. Suppose I'm sharing my internet connection or in parallel with limited bandwidth, it would be very useful to just temporarily click and limit or stop any IP traffic. Since you already have a GUI running, it makes sense to add this to your app. If not, allow this to be scriptable so this could be done by other apps

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ping and change to another server while protected by VPN

I would like to ping all available servers while connected to VyprVPN and change my current server without exposing my IP. Currently, I have to disconnect from Vypr before I can ping the available servers. This requires me to close my newsreader and other internet programs while pinging & changing servers. I would like to see the available ping times and change servers without having to close all of my apps or risk exposing my IP address.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change Mac Address periodically

Every time, having a connection the Mac Adress is automatically changed.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Copy VyprVPN IP Address to clipboard when clicked from the UI

Auto copy to clipboard the VyprVPN IP Address when clicked from the vpn software UI.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. VPN SSL/TLS

Hello there. To complete VyprVPN protocols available and to enhance security, it would be interesting to add the VPN SSL/TLS protocol that provides better protection than OpenVPN. When do you think?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In VyprVPN, provide a retry option to the installer

Whenever I attempt to install an upgrade when notified by the Windows app, it fails because my firewall blocks the temp install file's internet access until I approve it in a dialog box. The problem is that the installer does not provide a 'retry' option -- as soon as the firewall blocks it, the installer reports failure and must be closed. Problem is, by that point it has uninstalled the TAP service, so I cannot restart VyprVPN and must go to the website, log in, download, etc.

It's not a major problem, but it would make the upgrade process smoother…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reboot connection if ping timeout

Sometimes, i lost connection but the client doesn't disconnect.
    It can be good if the client detect when ping timeout and reboot the connection.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. transfer graph of the incoming and outcoming $$

Hi
    I really like the service you provide but as they say "Nothing is perfect" so I noticed a thing that would be better to have in the program you provide with your service.

other than the speed graph in the program , it would be better to have another graph that be in coming and out coming graph, that collect all the transfer of the internet.

thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make provisions for a WiFi printer on VPN

As currently configured, there is no way to operate a WiFi printer if the VPN is engaged. Some VPN clients apparently have a kind of "exception" option that allows for the operation of a wireless printer on LAN without having the signal scrambled by the VPN.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. would like windows rt app so dont have to edit registry and stuff to get vpn to work with surface rt

shouldn't have to edit registry to get vpn to work. maybe an app like ios

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change computer time and date to sever location upon connection

VPN blocking generally works however in some instances it's rejected due to the date and time setting on my computer not agreeing to the host site.

Suggestion, incorporate an option to change the time date during the login process to the servers locations. Then when you disconnect reset the computers time and date to the original settings. This will greatly improve the international roaming experience.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Graphical bandwidth indication on mini tray icon

I am still using netpersec (2001) as a visual bandwidth indicator. VyprVPN has something similar but only when the app is in screen mode. However, it would be cool to see the sent/received bandwith as a visual indicator on the mini tray icon. Hovering over the icon would then give the bandwidth in number (average sampled over 5 seconds or so) and the IP address of the connected server.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. firewall tunelling

please add a UDP tunneling system for bypassing local firewalls

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Could you provide some clarification on how you would want this feature to work, ideally?

OpenVPN and Chameleon allow for a user-selectable UDP port or random UDP port within specified ranges. Using the “Automatic” option, as opposed to specifying a port number, would allow the app to try and make a connection that was not blocked by the local firewall.

16. Select Specific LAN Interface

I want to use a separate LAN (Ethernet Port) connecting to a unique WAN service for VPN traffic. Is there a way you could add this feature to your VYPRVPN client - allowing me to configure the VPN client to connect across a specified LAN interface and always reconnect using that and only that interface.

This way I can segregate my VPN traffic from my routine internet activity.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. connaitre le ping du serveur sur laquel on est connecter

voire le ping du serveur sur laquel on est connecter , a coter des informations ou l'on choisi son serveur

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A widget/application for Windows 8

It would be nice to have an application or widget for Windows 8. Easier access.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Windows Update with Admin Elevation

I use VyprVPN on Windows and like the automatic update feature (so it tells me that an update is available).

However, as my normal user under windows does not have administrative privileges, the setup starts and fails afterwards because of this.

Can you please change the update-installer to check for available admin-rights in the beginning and allow to change the user in the setup process (admin elevation)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base