Go to goldenfrog.com

Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cache server IP addresses on load

Have VyprVPN Cache the IP addresses it needs to connect a VPN tunnel and optionally use those instead of DNS based connections.

Let me explain why.

One or another of the development tools that I use cause a weird but persistent problem on my PCs. Whenever a new network connection appears on my PC for whatever reason, DNS resolution fails for approx. 5 minutes before starting to work again. The result being that when I need to turn off the VPN I cannot reconnect it again for over 5 minutes, and during that time my PC does not have internet…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve performance of VyprVPN client / disable graph

On my laptop, the VPN service takes very little resources, but the client always spikes to 20% CPU every 2 seconds on average, event when no VPN is connected.
    Is suspect the speed graph to be the culprit. It looks cool the first time we launch the tool, but is not very useful. The Windows Task Manager displays the same info, and doesn't take so much CPU. It would be great to have a cross icon to completely disable this gimmick.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep favourites after updating VyprVPN for Windows

After every update from 'VyprVPN for Windows' my location favourites are lost. Would be great if you keep them after updating.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Changing protocol - Make it easier

I would like it to be a little bit
    easier to change between the protocols. As it is right now, I feel it is
    very clumsy how you change between the protocols. I understand that this is
    meant to do only once, but some sort of side menu in the main client window
    instead if in a separate tab in the settings would be a better solution.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. send a email with the IP of VPN

send an email to know the IP address of the VPN to connect remotely on your PC

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add an option to Settings to not minimize to taskbar on launch.

Is there a way you can add an option to allow the application to launch in the default active windowed mode versus as minimized to the taskbar?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. restart vpn connection once the computer is woken from sleep.

restart vpn connection once the computer is woken from sleep.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I just installed and used the new VPN client. I feel there is much needed improvement on the user experience side. The technology side is an

1. The client interface window is way too BIG! You are not providing alot
      of information, but you are taking up alot of desktop room.

2. Too many clicks to get the server I want to connect to.

3. The fonts are HUGE, thus taking up more app window room.

Overall, i feel that the new VPN app has an accessibility focus instead of
    a feature rich focus. I understand the old app is dated, but the user
    experience was much better than the new one.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to stop the connection, if it takes too long trying to connect to a server.

Option to stop the connection, if it takes too long trying to connect to a server. Very anoying.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. LoopBack / Resource Hog / Color Scheme ?

I'd look to see some sort of loopback thing, where you can force an email client to only work if the vpn is connected. Similar to giganews accelerator where you use local host as the server in the news client, and it runs only if the accelerator is running. I would like this for travelling, with the old vpn it would disconnect on its own in hotels / airports / public wifi etc, and the email client would auto check for emails on the public wifi network in the clear. In the same vein when travelling force the browers to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better location for the Log out button

Someone mentioned this for iOS app, but i would like the same feature in win 7 (x64) desktop, either on the VyprVPN app screen itself, or a right-click option in the task bar icon.

A log out button.

Instead of having to open the app's interface, then go into options, then account. Just seems convoluted to me. Could be much simpler.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Open the "Feedback"-Website in the default browser

If I click the "Feedback"-Button the program (VyprVPN for Windows) open a website in Firefox. But my default browser is Chrome.

A notice that the programm open a website to sent feedback would be also good. I click this button often by mistake.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reykjavík

Something is wrong with the city name "Reykjavík"... Even after your correction. Check out my screenshots.

English spelling: Reykjavík
    German spelling: Reykjavík
    French spelling: Reykjavik
    Spanish spelling: Reikiavik

Just my two cents.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Translate the full VyprVPN program

The user interface is in the appropriate system language, but the error messages ("Connection could not be established", "disconnected") are as usual always in English. Very low priority, but can you please translate this in the next (major) versions?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Right click menu speed for Windows application

Sometimes it takes 20 or more seconds to open the settings menu when right-clicking the VyprVPN icon in the system tray.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Per-URL VPN

give us the ability to define an URL set which will be used for connections over the vyprvpn only.

lets say i define www.netflix.com only the traffic to/from netflix.com goes through the vpn connection, all other traffic will use the standard route without vpn

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Visability

I would like to have visable the connection status in the adress bar: like the showing of the ip adress on goldenfrog: VyperVPN 111.111.22.111

On top of that I would like several options of making the connection status visable: maybe a gadget on my screen that's green or red, where I can choose the size, shape and transparency

And I would like to have a connection blocker: If the secure connection is interupted VyperVPN reconnects, but during that time the normal connection is open and visible to others?

Thank you.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Location on the tray icon

When I pass my mouse arrow over the tray icon, the information is Vyprn Connected 10.xx.xx.xx . The internal IP is not very usefull, it would be better to give the location (I know we can obtain it by clicking on the icon).

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Full ability to switch to any vpn from the mini icon tray

At the moment we can only select from a few recently connected vpn server with the associated protocol when right clicking on the mini icon tray.

It would be great if we had the ability to switch to any vpn server with any protocol directly from drop down menus for the location and protocol when right clicking on the vypvpn mini icon tray instead of having to open the full setup window to do it.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Configurable time delay before reconnecting

When you have VyperVPN set up to auto redial, it would be nice if you could set a delay before it attempted the connection. This would allow the machine to establish a network connection before the VyperVPN client app attempts to make the connection.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base