Golden Frog Ideas

Have an idea to make VyprVPN or Cyphr even better? Tell us your idea or vote for your favorite ideas.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Arrange messaging between users with ability to use personal encryption system

Arrange messaging between users with ability to use personal encryption system

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Re-Connect every 5 minutes

A option for re-connecting to the VPN every 5-10minutes would be nice to keep your IP Address refreshing and thus harder for hackers to keepup with your current ip address

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Graphical bandwidth indication on mini tray icon

I am still using netpersec (2001) as a visual bandwidth indicator. VyprVPN has something similar but only when the app is in screen mode. However, it would be cool to see the sent/received bandwith as a visual indicator on the mini tray icon. Hovering over the icon would then give the bandwidth in number (average sampled over 5 seconds or so) and the IP address of the connected server.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VyprVPN on USB stick

I was browsing to search for a VPN solution and Vypr VPN compares well with the competition.

My suggestion, however, would be to add a hardware based solution (such as USB stick with Vypr VPN client and perhaps a browser). This would be a good choice if one ends up needing to use public computer (such as while traveling/hotel/conference rooms etc.) So, the need would be to have the stick, run connection/browser from the stick, remove it when done, no trace behind. I know of one competitor that offers this but they don't appear to match well in other areas.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  VyprVPN - General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop/Pause data transfer of chosen apps when the connection insecure

The ability to choose applications that can be halted or paused from transferring data if the connection is no longer secure.
    - Dropbox, steaming services, ect.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the Connect To button that shows my favorites, could you add the current ping to them?

When I want to switch locations to get a better ping you have to check the server locations anyway. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. tls authorization

I like using your service.Wouldn't it be good to provide TLS authentication options for OpenVPN connections?
    If there was a Man in the middle attach forging my local provider's DNS resolving and routed me to his fake VPN server when I resolve an xxx.vpn.goldenfrog.com address, wouldn't that be dangerous?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. VyprVPN could offer also Mobile Carriers IPs.

It would be very useful if VyprVPN could offer also IPs from Mobile Carriers around EU states,US, Canada,etc. Connecting to such an IP would work nicely along with user-agent-switcher browser extension/add-on in order to simulate mobile devices from these carriers. Could be used by advertising companies to check the behaviour of mobile carrier targeted ads, or by users to access/download carrier restricted content and apps.
    Looking forward to see this feature.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. firewall tunelling

please add a UDP tunneling system for bypassing local firewalls

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Could you provide some clarification on how you would want this feature to work, ideally?

OpenVPN and Chameleon allow for a user-selectable UDP port or random UDP port within specified ranges. Using the “Automatic” option, as opposed to specifying a port number, would allow the app to try and make a connection that was not blocked by the local firewall.

11. Provide traffic usage information wit​h​in the VyprVPN app.

VyprVPN app (2.3) is already both elegant and capable. It demonstrates connection time, speed, IP. what is missing? The actual usage for the time period of current connection. This information is important and if possible, should be incorporated both in main app window and the speed graph.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. App for Snow Leopard (10.6) users

I think that you should make the Vyprvpn App available also for those who have a Mac OS X older than 10.7.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  VyprVPN - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Select Specific LAN Interface

I want to use a separate LAN (Ethernet Port) connecting to a unique WAN service for VPN traffic. Is there a way you could add this feature to your VYPRVPN client - allowing me to configure the VPN client to connect across a specified LAN interface and always reconnect using that and only that interface.

This way I can segregate my VPN traffic from my routine internet activity.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. connaitre le ping du serveur sur laquel on est connecter

voire le ping du serveur sur laquel on est connecter , a coter des informations ou l'on choisi son serveur

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable VPN client to download new files for updating before uninstalling the current version

I saw a notification on my VPN client that a new version was available, so I tried to update. The process immediately uninstalled my VPN client and then tried to download a new version. The download process was just stuck and not moving at all. Being in Beijing may have something to do with it. I couldn't even cancel because there was no cancel button and the X button on the window was made unclickable. So to make sure I stopped all related processes, I just rebooted the computer.

As the VPN client had been uninstalled, I reinstalled my older…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The Golden Frog website should use a secure, ephermal cipher suite. Our passwords are too easy to intercept.

The website shouldn't use the RC4 cipher. Ever. Whenever we go to change our passwords on the website, it is too easy for powerful adversaries to intercept our passwords. The website should use a secure cipher, like AES-128-GCM, with an ephermal key exchange, like ECDH.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Golden Frog - Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. VPN chaining

VPN chaining through the servers....allowing users to add an extra level of Anonymity.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. HUAWEI4G LTE Pocket WiFi Router

you may need to support HUAWEI E589 E5776 4G LTE Pocket WiFi Router

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Router Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. server in faroe islands

i want a vpn server in faroe, because the most internet is blocked in the north sea..

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  VyprVPN - Server Locations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Windows Update with Admin Elevation

I use VyprVPN on Windows and like the automatic update feature (so it tells me that an update is available).

However, as my normal user under windows does not have administrative privileges, the setup starts and fails afterwards because of this.

Can you please change the update-installer to check for available admin-rights in the beginning and allow to change the user in the setup process (admin elevation)?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base